Bridal Makeup Checklist
Years of experience doing bridal makeup has helped me gather this list of things you can do leading up to your big day for ultimate beauty results. Good skin doesn’t happen over night so start planning 60 days out with these guidelines.
60 Days Prior To Wedding:
- Schedule a brightening or hydrating facial.
- Begin using a brow and/or lash enhancing serum like those from LashFood.
- Schedule a makeup lesson with me to get the best skin and makeup products for the events leading up to your wedding like bridal shower and bachelorette party.
30 Days Prior To Wedding:
- Begin daily use of a Glycolic based body butter for smoother, brighter skin. Don’t forget your hands!
- Your last facial before the wedding should be no less than 30 days out.
- Purchase personalized bridesmaids, and mother of the bride/groom gifts.
- Pick up skincare from Jack Black or Kiehl’s men’s lines for your husband-to-be.
14 Days Prior To Wedding:
- Prep for self tanning and smooth skin with a body scrub from Oribe, Laura Mercier, Kiehl’s, Fresh, or Caudalie.
- Next day, begin first application of self tanner. I recommend St. Tropez Mousse using Tan Applicator Mitt.
- Prepare emergency kit for Maid of Honor to hold. Include your favorite lip color, travel size hairspray, and powder for touch ups.
- Pick up your favorite Butter London or Smith & Cult nail polish for your mani/pedi.
- Select the perfect fragrance for the big day.
7 Days Prior To Wedding:
- Use a Sarah Happ Lip Scrub followed by daily use of Dermalogica’s Nightly Lip Treatment or Hourglass Lip Oil.
- At night, exfoliate face with M61 Powerglow Peel Pad. Don’t forget your decollete and hands!
- Don’t forget your waxing appointment or pick up a gentle shave cream. Grab a bottle of Tend Skin just in case you get razor bumps.
I hope this bridal makeup checklist gives you a helpful guide to looking your best on your wedding day. Contact me for any questions or if you need more product suggestions. – Diana